Tom--We use RACF, so I have to do a RACF PERMIT for TCPIP to have read access to my 191 disk in order to read an OBEYFILE file. Apparently, TCPIP will re-link and access your disk with every OBEYFILE command. If I remember correctly, one of the IBM Endicott people said, probably at SHARE, that TCPIP does not reaccess the TCPMAINT disks after it has started so that's why TCPIP couldn't find the OBEYFILE on the TCPMAINT 198 disk.

Jim