Thanks interesting to hear, Alan. As you might infer, there seems to be some interest both some of the list membership to see such a Redbook produced and are willing to donate some of their time and energy to make it happen.

Can you tell us where this proposal stands? Is it related to the work Jim mentioned that he has already started?

Wish I could be in Baltimore for SHARE, but my inheritance hasn't come through yet....:-)

DJ

Alan Altmark wrote:
On Tuesday, 08/01/2006 at 10:18 AST, "Jim Elliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
This book is the basis for the z/OS courses some higher-eds are
offering. I have started (in my "spare time") doing a z/VM
version of this, but I think we need a formal project for this.

There is already a proposal to create such a book.