On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:07:17 -0500 Mike Walter said:
>Was that "volumes 2 and 3 **through** 8"!?      %-)~

The original ABCs of Systems Programming (an MVS specific set of books)
was Volumes 1 through 5.  The Current ABCs of z/OS System Programming
is Volumes 1 trough 11.

Volume 10 has a table of contents of

Chapter 1. Introduction to z/Architecture
Chapter 2. zSeries processor design z990
Chapter 3. zSeries connectivity
Chapter 4. Logical partition (LPAR) concepts
Chapter 5. Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD)

Most of which seems to be OS agnostic, so only 7 more to go.

/ahw