> Found the problem.  CMSINST  LSEGMAP loads from the 490 disk...  I should
> not take short cuts...  I should have followed the local modification
> procedures to implement this.

This brings up a question I have had for umpteen
years.

Since in general a CMS user will run the SYSPROF
*once* per session, is it really cost-effective to keep
it in a DCSS?

Every user will run EXECs from disk during a session,
and no one gets all worried about the overhead of
so special? I have made removing it from the INSTSEG
one of my 'set up a new system' things for years.
(And then a local mod to it is much easier too).

Any reasons why I am wrong?

Thanks,
Shimon