um, back in the day if you had 100s or 1000s of CMS uses logging in during a similar period to run, say, Office Vision, it would make a large difference to your overall performance. With 100s of CMS users a big difference. If you are running two dozen CMS users to support lots of linux guests, then less difference. But do you really want to bother with the effort of removing it? It would be a local mod to remove it, no big deal, but nonetheless ...
David
Shimon Lebowitz wrote:

Found the problem.  CMSINST  LSEGMAP loads from the 490 disk...  I should
not take short cuts...  I should have followed the local modification
procedures to implement this.

This brings up a question I have had for umpteen
years.

Since in general a CMS user will run the SYSPROF
*once* per session, is it really cost-effective to keep
it in a DCSS?

Every user will run EXECs from disk during a session,
and no one gets all worried about the overhead of loading one from disk, so why should SYSPROF be
so special? I have made removing it from the INSTSEG
one of my 'set up a new system' things for years.
(And then a local mod to it is much easier too).

Any reasons why I am wrong?

Thanks,
Shimon