Since you determined the user has a PUR EXEC, they could also use CP PUR .... to not run their exec.

Depending on the user, sometimes I like to emphasize/teach the difference between CMS and CP commands.

i.e. PURGE is not a CMS command, but it works in this case because SET IMPCP is ON. If you SET IMPCP OFF, then PURGE will not work, the user will have to use CP PURge... PUR will continue to run the PUR EXEC. (Use IMPEX to control that) (Note PURGE is also an XEDIT command.... so must be prefixed by "CP " if issued from within XEDIT to purge rdr files)

Don Russell

william JANULIN wrote:
Hi Rich,
  Yes, thanks again for your help. F.Y.Il the user
tried it by entering PURGE instead of PUR and it
worked. Amazing, eh?

Regards,
 Bill J.

--- "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That is a common support headache - someone who
creates a program having a name that matches a
system command or a standard abbreviation of one.
Regards,
Richard Schuh