"PIPE READER 4KBLOCK FILE nnnn HOLD  | > VMDUMP  FILE  A"

Might do it, but why?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 4:27 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Vmdump as a file

TRANSFER over RSCS isn't an option: RSCS can't read a DUMP file.  Only
DUMPLOAD (and SPXTAPE) can.
But, I too do wonder what would be wrong with DUMPLOAD, it creates a CMS

file, and that's what you originally asked.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on
2006-10-20 22:02:19:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/hcsk7b11/2.10

-------------------

-------------------

> >     This communication is a confidential and proprietary business
> >     communication. It is intended solely for the use of the
designated
> >     recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please
> >     contact the sender and delete this communication.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/