Dennis: Remember CP doesn't know what's in the vdisk page. It's handles a write I/O CCW for the guest. Yes normally CP should take vdisk pages ahead of virtual machine pages for page out.
David
Dennis Schaffer wrote:

Now for the question:  Since Linux has moved what it considers inactive
pages to swap/vdisk, why would VM keep any of that machine's vdisk pages in
central storage in a VM-central-storage-constrained environment?  I would
expect that VM would migrate all of a Linux machine's vdisk pages to
xstor/disk before it would migrate any of that machine's virtual storage
pages away to xstor/pagdisk.  The only exception I can think of would be
that VM might migrate vdisk pages from pagdisk/xstor to cstor as part of
Linux swap migration back to its memory.