Hello,

We are implementing a additional VM processor footprint (that makes a change!!).

This machine will act purely as a backend server and will have a minimum subset of products installed. We will have no RSCS on this machine.

It would be very useful to be able to send commands and/or messages to/from this machine in similar way to the RSCS functionality.

My thought would be to have a TCPIP based server on each side talking to each other and providing this functionality.

Does anyone know of a tool already in existence or will I have to develop something from scratch.

btw: I have thought about REXEC and I might yet end up using that but this is not exactly what I was looking for.

Regards

Colin Allinson