It appears you have run into the same problem one of our internal accounts
encountered yesterday.
It appears there is a time-of-day boundary check being performed inside the
PERFKIT MODULE.
Around Noon on 14 January, the TOD clock "rolled" from "BFxxxxxx xxxxxxxx"
to "C0xxxxxx xxxxxxxx"
and this TOD boundary check began failing.  Here is a recent PMR update

There is a problem in the Perfkit discovered late yesterday due to the
 TOD Clock value changing to x'C0xxxxxx xxxxxxxx'.
 We have the Perfkit fix(s) on our 'fromibm/vm' FTP site available as:
  PERF440 PACKMOD
  PERF510 PACKMOD
  PERF520 PACKMOD
 All should be xmitted using BIN F 1024 and unpacked using the
 CMS COPYFILE (UNPACK option.
 This should get customers up and running.  We will follow thru with an
 official APAR shortly. Best Regards, Roger Lunsford
 action taken: supply fixtest
 action plan : work apar

You can/should retrieve the fixtest version of PERFKIT from the FTP site.
If you need information on
that FTP site, please let me know.  You can/should also open a service
incident with this problem
so we can add you to the (eventual) APAR's interested party's list.

Thanks!
     Mike Donovan

             Jim Bohnsack
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             du>                                                        To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Performance Toolkit

             01/15/2007 10:57
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

I'm on z/VM 4.4 yet (the z9 is on the floor and waiting for the
electrician) and have been running Perf. Toolkit since last summer with
no problems other than the strange, to me, command interface and
output.  Over the weekend, PERFKIT running on PERFSVM abended.  I
restarted it and within about 10 minutes, it abended again.  I've done
MON SAMPLE DIS ALL and MON EVENT DIS ALL, letting PERFSVM restart
monitoring and still have abends.  The last thing I did was PURGE and
DEFSEG and SAVESEG MONDCSS.  I still got an abend.

I know you've heard this before, but "I  haven't changed anything".
Does anyone have any ideas?  As I said, I'm on z/VM 4.4 which is out of
service so I can't call the support center.

Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University