Ray Mansell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I just tried this second-level. You did not misread . This looks like a
>very good reason to request Q STOR MAX.

OK, I still wasn't sure, so I tried it.  I have access to a 5.2 system, but
not as MAINT, so I can't fully test this.

My machine has a directory max of 16M.

q v stor
STORAGE = 8M
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 10:24:55
def stor 1e
HCPDST093E Storage size requested (1E) exceeds maximum allowed on this
processor
 (1T). Size set to maximum allowed.
HCPDST094E Storage exceeds allowed maximum of 16M
Ready(00094); T=0.01/0.01 10:24:58
def stor 32m
HCPDST094E Storage exceeds allowed maximum of 16M
Ready(00094); T=0.01/0.01 10:25:07

So the only way you get something unintuitive is if your directory entry
specifies a ginormous number -- more than the capability of the hardware --
and you try to DEF STOR more than the hardware limit.  Still not 100%
consistent for the end-user, and still a *ix-like kludgy way of querying the
max.

Query Virtual STORage <MAXimum | DEFault>

would sure be a nice addition!  MEMO XMASGIFT, anyone?

...phsiii