From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of James M
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:52 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Spool Area Full

        z/VM 5.2

        I'm backing up the vm sys prog and sure enough - bing - a
problem immediately.
        Problem solved but I have a couple of questions.

        adding a new spool full volume steps - is this correct..
        att cuu * as vdev
        cpfmta vdev
        label vmspxx
        done...
        format
        done..
        allocate
        spol 0-end
        done...
        end
        Once cpfmtxa ends - att  cuu system vmspxx  & update cpowned
list in config file.
        ...and I'm off and running.

        Followup question - is there a convenient way to migrate spool
files from that volume without cold starting?

        Another spool followup question.
        If I query alloc and do the math on the spool numbers I get 80%
        If I q alloc spool I get 53%
        How come?

        Any rexx exec's out there that can monitor spool and send me an
email if > x%?

        Thanks
        James

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/