On 4/30/07, James M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Followup question - is there a convenient way to migrate spool files from
that volume without cold starting?

Nope. Once CP has put spool files there, the only way to get it free
is through natural death of spool files living there. So in practice,
you will not be able to get it back. If you don't want to spend that
extra volume you might do wise and check if some of the large files
can be removed to free up space.

Another spool followup question.
If I query alloc and do the math on the spool numbers I get 80%
If I q alloc spool I get 53%
How come?

Apples and pears. One is blocks and the other one is tracks. One
included DUMP and the other does not.

Any rexx exec's out there that can monitor spool and send me an email if >
x%?

From a class D userid the following quick and dirty plumbing might do:

1) Find spool files of more than 10,000 blocks:
pipe cp q rdr exp | locate 77.4 ,K, | cons

2) Find the biggest 10 files < 10K blocks
pipe cp q rdr exp | sort 77.4 d|take 10|cons

--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc