So, this was a virtual CTC, not a real one.
As said in my other extra info post: you will need to handle virtual things,
so use CP SEND
  CP SEND CP VMTEST DEF CTCA 2030
  CP SEND CP VMTEST DEF CTCA 2031
You also need a COUPLE command to virtually wire this virtual CTC to a
virtual CTC in the other guest.  Something like:
  CP SEND CP VMTEST COUPLE  2030 guest2 vaddr2
As I didn't follow this whole thread, I can't fill in the variables above.

Then to CP in your VMTEST machine, this virtual CTC looks like a real one,
so you ATTACH it to TCPIP there.  What means LOGON MAINT in VMTEST and
ATTACH 2030 TCPIP vaddr