In the second level system, do a "Q DASD ALL" and look at the results; Do
you see your disks there, and what is their state?

In the first level system, do a "Q DASD label" for the two disks in
question, and see what their state is there.

There has to be a reason that the disk isn't finding its way into the second
level system as a usable device.... Just need to figure out what that is.

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW