> On our test system, we move SHUTDOWN to class S (or whatever).  Then
SET
> PRIVCLAS * +S is required to kill the first-level system.  I've
thought,
> too, about giving ESMs control over SHUTDOWN.

Sounds like a very good idea to implement generically for the next
release of VM. Having SHUTDOWN bunched in with all the other class A
commands has always been a loaded automatic without a safety.

In fact, does OPERATOR really need anything but C and G for normal
operations? B would be convenient, but thinking about this as a more
general lockdown and cleanup, it might be worth tightening things up a
bit now that we're not really doing apps on CMS any more.