David Boyes wrote:
On our test system, we move SHUTDOWN to class S (or whatever).  Then

Sounds like a very good idea to implement generically for the next
release of VM. Having SHUTDOWN bunched in with all the other class A
commands has always been a loaded automatic without a safety.
In fact, does OPERATOR really need anything but C and G for normal
operations? B would be convenient, but thinking about this as a more
general lockdown and cleanup, it might be worth tightening things up a
bit now that we're not really doing apps on CMS any more.
Actually we never gave our ops class-C ... only sysprogs got that. AFAIK, we never ran into a situation where they needed it. We gave them class E, as we had some tools that might need to display real memory, but never "C" (look, but don't touch). They also got class-B, though, since they did some manual device management (usually tape drives -- occasionally DASD). And we also had a class override defined for Shutdown. Only ops got that, not sysprogs.