So, I'm working on a product that, at its heart, is a couple of DASD images that get restored to the platters.

Right now, I require two additional 3390-3s for installation: one to hold the VMARC image of the CMSDDR dump of the disk (because VMARC is copyable around a network easily because it's F 80, while CMSDDR is wildly V), and one to hold the unpacked image so that CMSDDR can restore it.

This is idiotic, but I can't think of a better way to do it, unless:

So, is the on-disk format of the CKD images that the z/VM DVD installer operates on documented? Because it'd be REAL HANDY to say, "hey, put these files on an FTP server somewhere, access MAINT's 2CC disk, run INSTPIPE, make sure you have DASD attached at 150 and 151, and then run the following two pipe stages:

PIPE FTPGET -v BEF -DVDEOF -h host -u userid -p password -d dir CKD150* | ECKDREST 150 PIPE FTPGET -v BEF -DVDEOF -h host -u userid -p password -d dir CKD151* | ECKDREST 151"

Adam