Hello Tom,

        We have CA-WEBGATEWAY being used by a product called UltraQuest
from Select Systems.   UltraQuest and Nomad (4gl) use the CA-WEBGATEWAY
as the
transfer mechanism to get ad-hoc reports from our VSE/ESA VSAM file.

        I started at 32 Meg, had some storage problems that went away
with
the 64 Meg.

        The programmers come in via TN3270 to get to all the various VSE
systems.

        I do a lot of email (sendfile) of files/reports created by
UltraQuest.

        I could lower that amount now, but it is working very well.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ext. 40441

On
> Behalf Of Tom Duerbusch
> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 4:46 PM
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> Subject: Re: zVM 5.3 TCPIP memory problem
>
> Hi Ed
>
> I'm always interested in the whys and wheres....
>
> I'm on z/VM 5.2 and my stack is 32MB (I did have to up it from the
earlier
> release).
> However, my "res=" from indicate user, shows 1,313 pages used.
>
> I do know about the 5 MB hit, due to LE.  Which I thought was a hit to
> clients, and not the stack.
>
> I was wondering what your "res" usage was for your 64 MB machine?
> Now that we have vswitch, TCPIP does quite a bit less here.  Very
seldom
> does it pop up in the performance monitor <G>.
>
> I'm really the only CMS user (and using TN3270).
> But I have some 66 service machines, VSE guests and still some Linux
> guests (that haven't been migrated over to the IFL), with the guests
using
> TCP/IP (but not the TCPIP stack).
>
> Not that virtual storage costs much (anything), but what caused you to
go
> to 64 MB?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom Duerbusch
> THD Consulting
> (trying to head off a rude awaking if 32 MB isn't sufficient)
>
> FELINE PHYSICS:
> Law of Cat Inertia
>
>   A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest, unless acted upon by
>   some outside force - such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby
>   scurrying mouse.

> Hello Mike,
>
>       I am working on upgrading to z/VM5.3 from z/VM 4.3.  In the
> process, I am reading lots of info.
> The program directory indicates that with Host/domain name resolution
> being performed by LE you need a minimum of
> 16m of virtual storage.
>
>       And for 5.3 most server machines will need 32 meg and probably
> more.
>
>       I have our z/VM 4.3 TCPIP at 64m already.
> Ed Martin
> Aultman Health Foundation
> 330-588-4723
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]