From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:44 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VSWITCH initial startup

Thomas,

here is my PROFILE TCPIP (straight out of the Failover document):

NOTRACE ALL
OBEY
OPERATOR TCPMNT44 MAINT
ENDOBEY
VSWITCH CONTROLLER ON

i also have them set up on TCPMAINT's 198 - again, per the Failover doc.
i assume that is so that all the configuration is kept on TCPMAINT, is that
the reason?

prg

Phillip Gramly
Systems Programmer
Communications Data Group
Champaign, IL

The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> wrote on 09/20/2007
05:53:37 AM:

> My guess is that you copied your existing TCPIP profile for your
> VSWITCH CONTROLLERS .. It is a case of too much information. The
> profiles for the controllers is very simple.
> The only entry you NEED in their profile is VSWITCH CONTROLLER ON...
>
> Here is what my profiles for the controllers look like.
>
> NOTRACE OSD
>
> INFORM
>   TCPMAINT MAINT
> ENDINFORM
>
> ASSORTEDPARMS
>   PERMITTEDUSERSONLY
>   VMDUMP
> ENDASSORTEDPARMS
>
> OBEY
>   TCPMAINT MAINT
> ENDOBEY
>
> VSWITCH CONTROLLER ON
>
> A note: The way I do it is to leave the profiles on TCPMAINT's 198 disk
> and name them VSWCTRL1 TCPIP and VSWCTRL2 TCPIP.

  _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 12951 VSE-List messages and set
aside 12189 VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!   www.ellaforspam.com
<http://www.ellaforspam.com>