From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David Kreuter
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:30 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] VSWITCH initial startup

OK. What release of z/vm are you running? I think we should simplify -
get rid of the VSWCTRL exec first of all. Remove the :exit.VSWCTRL
statement from SYSTEM DTCPARMS.
As long as you the files VSWCTRL1 TCPIP and VSWCTRL2 on TCPMAINT 198
when those machines are IPLed they will find the right files. The doc
you reference goes back to zvm42 and indeed the search order for
locating the correct profile to use was different. In zvm520 onwards
(maybe zvm510??) you can use the name of the machine as a profile name.
Try that.
David