I've been poking around IBM's web site, trying to find out if the Tivoli
Storage Manager (TSM) server is still supported for VM.  I know it
hasn't been enhanced in years.  I just want to know if it's still
supported.  I think the answer is "no".  I found these two documents:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&uid=swg21
052217&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&dc=D600&u
id=swg21251347&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en

The first says that the TSM server for VM/ESA and z/VM V5.2 is really at
the V3.1.2 TSM server level.  The second says that V5.2 went out of
support on 7 Apr 2007.  Taken together, I think that means that the
ancient V3.1.2 server for VM, relabeled as 5.2, is out of support.  Is
that correct?

                                                       Dennis O'Brien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-- Galileo Galilei