I thought the DFSMS/VM SMS component only handled Shared File System migration/recall, not regular Mdisk file backup and restore.

I never installed that part of DFSMS/VM because we never wanted to migrate our SFS files.

/Tom Kern

David Boyes wrote:
 > A VM based TSM server is not the same as a VM file-level backup/restore
 > facility. The TSM server dis not provide a CMS based client. It was a
 > server for other systems.

Well, actually the DFSMS/VM SMS component did provide CMS file support.

So, does this effectively mean that DFSMS file migration is no longer supported? I haven't seen a EOL announcement for that, and TSM/VM is the critical migration engine component of that tool.