A buddy asked me:

"At a previous employer, someone had an article, poster or something (I know -
real specific - it was 15+ years ago) that tried to put the time for computer
events into perspective. It started with the quickest instruction (RR) having a
baseline of 1 second. It the proceeded to go through all of the instructions,
RX, RS, SS etc. and then into I/O, MIH and so on. Have you ever heard or seen
anything like this? I'm having trouble stressing the importance of poor I/O
response time and I thought this might be of use."

I had to tell him I hadn't ever seen such a thing, but would like to.  I figure
if anyone else alive knows what this is/was, they'll be on one of these two
lists...!

Anyone?
--
...phsiii