I've been reading and testing:

   - I get WAKEUP's RC 6 too, but when calling WAKEUP again, it directly
   exist with RC 1. So, the SHUTTRAP signal triggers 2 WAKEUP events: COSN &
   SMSG.  Removing the CONS option doesn't do anything.
   - SHUTTRAP does not work like ADDRESS CMS, (so an eventual CP EXEC
   wouldn't matter)
   - Diverting the SMSG delivery method from VMCF to IUCV doesn't help
   either.
   - Using SHUTTRAP CP MSG * STOP doesn't change a thing.

Bypasses:
When getting RC=6, test if another SMSG event is ready too:
  'WAKEUP +5 ( RDR  SMSG          FILE(HOBBIT TIMES *)'
  if rc=6 then do       /* RC 6 caused by SHUTTRAP? */
     saveRc=rc          /* If yes, WAKEUP also has  */
     'WAKEUP +0 (SMSG'  /*  an SMSG event "stacked" */
     if rc=2 then rc=saveRc
  end
Or, use the approach I ised in RxServer: I run WAKEUP with the EXT option
and test for external interrupt 2401 (see subrtn Extrn_event:); SHUTTRAP can
be loaded with the following:
    'PIPE COMMAND NUCXDROP SHUTTRAP'
    'NUCXLOAD SHUTTRAP (SYSTEM'
    'SHUTTRAP'
Disadavantage: when using EXT in a server that is conencted to an active
SFS, WAKEUP will get many EXT 4000 interrupts (your code can ignore them,
but the handling is extra overhead anyway).

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support