I added a trace myself and I think I understand: when you have some SFS
direcory accessed, and something changes in it (a file added/removed a Grant
affecting you), the SFS server tells you once "something has changed",
involving an EXT4000.  The SFS client code will later pool the server to
find out what was changed.  Once the server sent you such such a message,
other changes to that directory don't trigger another.