I'd say: test it, look at subroutine Extrn_event: and code a SAY when you
get a 4000 interrupt, than you can see how often it happens in your
environment.  I know we can live with the number.  You don't get an EXT 4000
interrupt for each SFS call, far from that.  From what I tested, I see that
one gets an EXT 4000 when you have an SFS dir accessed and someone issued a
GRANT AUTH for you for a file in that subdirectory (the SFS server has to
broadcast this to you).  Maybe if you'd use Asynch CSL calls to SFS you'll
get much more.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support