On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:19:07 -0600, RPN01 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>This matches what I got to by trial and error. I¹ve ended up with the
>mondcss segment from 9000-9fff, and a sample config size of 1500. It see
ms
>to be working without error now. This started with installing Omegamon X
>for z/VM and Linux, and I still need to see if that is receiving any dat
a at
>this point.
>
>--
>   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
>   /V\    RO-OE-5-55              200 First Street SW
> / ( ) \  507-284-0844           Rochester, MN 55905
>^^-^^   -----
>"In theory, theory and practice are the same, but     ³Join the story.
..
>Ride Ural.²
> in practice, theory and practice are different."

See Calculating the Space Needed for the Saved Segment in "z/VM V5R3.0 Pe
rformance". Or
consult the documentation for your performance monitor. There is no penal
ty for making the
Sample portion of the DCSS too big -- CP always starts over from the bott
om on each sample
interval. There may be a paging cost if you make the EVENT area too big,
since CP keeps adding
event data to the end until it is full before wrapping.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com