On Nov 29, 2007 11:52 PM, Feller, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   If I do the command "monitor event disable seeks all", will SEEKS be
> disabled if I do a MONITOR STOP and then a MONITOR START?  I'm not
> totally clear about how the manual reads.

The ENABLE / DISABLE settings survive the STOP/START cycle. But your
performance monitor may have the START since some controlled process
that also enables the domains that you want.

You can also ENABLE / DISABLE domains while the monitor is running
(was popular to enable seeks for a short period only).

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc