I have yet to see the 5.3 version of the manual, but that section in the
5.2 version is patently incorrect.  When I tried to open an apar to get
the right numbers (I didn't go the RCF route because getting it
corrected in a future edition wasn't going to help with the problem I
was having) I was counselled that that wouldn't help, but an internal
issue would be opened and I could expect that relief would be
forthcoming.  That was several months ago and I'm still waiting...  (I
eventually arrived at happy/reasonable allocations for the monitor dcss
through trial and retrial, as others have done; but that doesn't help
the next one to run into the same wall.)

Mike Harding
EDS VM National Capability
134 El Portal Place
Clayton, Ca.  USA  94517-1742

* phone: +01-925-672-4403
*  Fax: +01-925-672-4403
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   * <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(personal)
Note:  For 2007, I am off on Fridays with even Julian dates and Mondays
with odd ones.