Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that, but stupid and me sit next
to each other fairly often...  :-)

Anyway, we're in the midst of refreshing our DASD and part of that will be
to get rid of MOD3s.  This happens to be what we use for secondary swap on
each Linux guest so a little rethinking is in order.  (We use DCSS for
primary swap.)

The boring alternative would be to do a one for one swap of a  MOD9 for a
MOD3.  Or define a pool of MOD9s and dole out a MOD3s worth using DIRMAINT.

But, I like a little excitement every so often, so I got this crazy idea to
replace all secondary swap with VDISK and just boost up the VM paging
volumes.

We don't actually hit Linux swap all that much so probably 15% or so of that
275GB is ever really in use.  (Yes, I know...we're probably oversizing our
guests, but that's a different story.)

I know I'd have go boost up the number of paging volumes, but does VM have
to map all of that storage even if it doesn't get used?

So what do y'all think?  Have I been drinking too much of Adam's cough
syrup?

Leland