>>> On Mon, Dec 3, 2007 at  1:43 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Leland Lucius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 12/3/07 12:15 PM, "Jim Bohnsack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Leland Lucius wrote:
>> It sounds like a good idea and since Linux is open source, I suspect
>> that if you wrote it, Leland, we might use it.
>>
> The option would have to be on a per device basis since we'd still want
> normal disk to use the ring approach.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't see it getting much use unless it were accepted into
> the main tree since it would require a kernel rebuild.  I don't think most
> shops would care to do this.  ;-)

If the patch was written in such a way to only affect s390 (and didn't
introduce its own performance problems), you might have a shot at getting it
accepted into the official source.  That route is now pretty available, what
with the git390 server out there.  (Even if you don't use it, just submit the
patch and see where it goes.)

Mark Post