Leland Lucius wrote:
It sounds like a good idea and since Linux is open source, I suspect that if you wrote it, Leland, we might use it.

Jim
I realize that VDISK is special in the world of Linux, but why doesn't
someone give us the option of preventing this?  Looks to me like adding one
line in swapfile.c would allow pages to cluster at the beginning of a disk
instead of running to the end and starting over at the beginning.

        si->flags += SWP_SCANNING;
--->    goto lowest;
        if (unlikely(!si->cluster_nr)) {

So, just make this a configurable option via procfs and let us decide.   :-)

Leland

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University