        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Colin Allinson
        Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 08:57 AM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: SFS memory use question

        We have a problem where one of our SFS servers runs out of (virtual)
memory blocks. Because of the size of the server the memory reclaim process
takes so long that system functions are hung long before that completes.

        We have a fair idea what is happening. Some users are accessing and SFS
directory that is constantly changing and then something in the user happens
(they may abend or disconnect etc.) and their block use count builds up
tracking the changes. That may not be exactly correct in a technical sense but
it, more or less, describes what is happening.

        We know which directory is the one that these users may be connected to
and we can see, from the virtual memory high water mark, when we might have a
problem. All we need to automate a solution is to know which users are
accessing a particular directory. However, this is the one piece of information
that I cannot seem to find.

        It is probably staring me in the face but does anyone have any ideas to
help me resolve this.

        Colin Allinson
        Technical Manager - VM Systems Support

        IMPORTANT  -  CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE  - This e-mail is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity shown above as addressees . It may
contain information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure under applicable laws .  If the reader of this transmission is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
printing, distribution, copying, disclosure or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply
e-mail or using the address below and delete the message and any attachments
from your system .

        Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
        Geschäftsführer: Eberhard Haag
        Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erding