Here's my problem:

q stor
STORAGE = 1948M
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 15:03:33

Last time I IPL'd, I shot myself in the foot.  I have 8Gb on the z800.

db

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Schuh, Richard
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:46 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/OS on z/VM Eligible List

> Here's the weirdest thing of all, I changed the NAME of the virtual
> machine in z/VMs directory and IPL'd again and I haven't had a problem
> yet (but I also lowered the memory size from 1GB to 512Mb).

The name change is irrelevant to the problem. One thing that can cause a
machine to linger in the eligible list is insufficient memory to load it or a
guest that is ahead of it in the E-list. That guest and any behind it in the
list will be blocked. The memory change probably reduced the storage demand
enough to allow it to load. Have you recently added other large guests that may
have changed the environment enough to cause E list problems? If you are not
running constrained, this may be something that is susceptible to tuning
parameters. I am sure that Barton or someone from IBM can weigh in on this
topic.