Hello,

The z800 runs a mixture of z/OS and zLinux guests.  The overall LOAD of the
z/VM is something like:

AVGPROC-039% 02
XSTORE-000005/SEC MIGRATE-0000/SEC
MDC READS-000001/SEC WRITES-000001/SEC HIT RATIO-100%
STORAGE-092% PAGING-0000/SEC STEAL-000%
Q0-00003(00000)                           DORMANT-00011
Q1-00003(00000)           E1-00000(00000)
Q2-00001(00000) EXPAN-002 E2-00000(00000)
Q3-00018(00000) EXPAN-002 E3-00000(00000)

PROC 0000-039%          PROC 0001-040%

LIMITED-00000
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:09:01

This z/os virutal machine has been acting weird all morning and I had to IPL it
at least twice.  Over the past couple of days, I'd been ATTaching and DETaching
several DASD packs to this z/OS and running volume level backups.  I didn't
experience any problems until this morning, when the z/os console became
unresponsive and the whole virutal machine shot craps.

Here's the weirdest thing of all, I changed the NAME of the virtual machine in
z/VMs directory and IPL'd again and I haven't had a problem yet (but I also
lowered the memory size from 1GB to 512Mb).

Does a virtual machine's CP control blocks survive LOGON/LOGOFF of the virtual
machine?  I'm wondering if all that ATTaching and DETaching wrecked something
in CP in relation to this guest [kind of a longshot, I know].

db