On Wednesday, 04/23/2008 at 10:41 EDT, Mark Pace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Does it make a difference that Hipersockets are real devices dedicated
to the
> z/OS guest and the OSA connection is a VSWITCH?  The OSA connection on
the
> VSWITCH works,  the real Hipersockets do not.

Sorry if I misunderstood.  If HostA and HostB are on the same HiperSocket
chpid and cannot ping each other, then there is a routing problem (bad IP
address, subnet, or subnet mask, or incorrect dynamic route).

As always, draw a picture and make sure the picture is "legal".  I've seen
people with syntactically perfect configuration files but a configuration
that violates the Natural Laws of Networking.

Then display the routing table on both HostA and HostB to see if they are
consistent.