On Thu, 8 May 2008 16:18:52 -0400, Mark Pace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>For Hipersockets I do not create a TRLE, only for an OSA adapter.  At

least
>that works on my z/OS system running in an LPAR.

You're right, no TRLE.  I got carried away.

>Options in the User direct
>   OPTION MAINTCCW LNKNOPAS DEVINFO DEVMAINT DIAG98 NOMDCFS RMCHINFO
>   OPTION STGEXEMPT SVC76VM

Looks anything it might need is already there.

>Yes they are online.  That is also weird because they show.
>0724 IQD  A-BSY
>0725 IQD  A
>0726 IQD  A-BSY

That's how they look to z/OS in our LPAR, too.

I think that leaves only addressing and routing problems, which Alan
Altmark talked about on April 26th.

If your z/OS LPAR is up at the same time as your z/OS guest, did you
change the z/OS guest TCPPARMS(PROFILE) to give it a different HOME
address on the hipersocket?  If not, they'll collide and it won't work.

Otherwise, do a D TCPIP,,NETSTAT,HOME and a D TCPIP,,NETSTAT,ROUTE on bot
your z/OS LPAR and z/OS guest.  Also so a NETSTAT HOME and a NETSTAT GATE

on your VM system.

Brian Nielsen