On Thu, 8 May 2008 08:45:21 -0400, Mark Pace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Does anyone have a z/OS guest running under z/VM using Hipersockets?
>I am still unable to get my z/OS guest under z/VM to communicate over
>Hipersockets.  The z/OS running in an LPAR works perfectly.

Verify that the CHPID of the Hypersocket address you are attaching to you
z/OS guest matches the CHPID number in your z/OS TCPPARMS(PROFILE) member
.

On VM:

q paths 0700
Device 0700, Status ONLINE
 CHPIDs to Device 0700 (PIM)  : F0
  Physically Available (PAM)  : +
  Online               (LPM)  : +
                       Legend     + Yes - No

In the z/OS TCPPARMS(PROFILE):

DEVICE IUTIQDF0  MPCIPA
LINK   HIPERLF0 IPAQIDIO IUTIQDF0

The CHPID number ("F0" in the above example) must be in the DEVICE and

LINK statements.

Also, are there any error messages in the JES Job Log for your TCPIP stac
k?

Brian Nielsen