The instructions used by STP on a z10 only affects the TOD clock on that
specific LPAR. PR/SM itself is not really involved, per se.

Does z/Linux use the STCK/STCKE instructions? It's been a long time
since I've looked. In any case, z/VM does not support STP at this time.
I'm not too sure how it would, at least given how I __assume__ the
hardware works. If it does work, then every guest would have their clock
"drift" to sync with the STP server.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.