To make that disk PUBLIC these days, I would give it a Read-Password of A
LL
(or set appropriate rules in your ESM product of choice) and put an entry

for it in a USERPROD NAMES file on the Y-Disk. These steps should allow a
ny
user to issue the 'VMLINK DFSMS_nickname' command and get the minidisk
linked and accessed. Inside the USERPROD NAMES entry you can specify the
virtual address and access mode that you want to be used.

If you then want ALL users to get the minidisk automatically (I don't kno
why, but you might) then you can put that VMLINK command into your SYSPRO
EXEC extension.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211