>Can't do that, unless you can guarantee that the tapes at the remote
site
>are longer than the local copy (which would be unlikely). When the
backup
>runs, writing to a given pair of tapes ends when the first one hits
EOT.

That's yet another complication for us if were to use twins.  We use
9840 (STK high capacity) tapes for our local backups and 3490 (in a VTS)
for our remote backups.  We'd have to change our local backups to 3490
tapes, and we don't have enough silo slots to do that.  A full backup
for us is 6 9840 tapes, or 145 virtual tapes.  I tested a small backup
of 11 3390-3 volumes with twins.  It took seven 3490E cartridges, and
seven 9840 cartridges.  Mark is right, both streams get a new tape when
the first one hits EOT, even if they have vastly different capacities.

                                                       Dennis

"Don't worry about biting off more than you can chew.  Your mouth is
bigger than you think."  -- CVW-11 chaplain, "Carrier"