On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 8:55 AM, O'Brien, Dennis L
<Dennis.L.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Regardless of what TCPIP does, you can rename TCPIP's files yourself
> from AUTOLOG1 before TCPIP ever comes up.  You can base that off node
> name, identifier, IPL parms, VM:Secure system word, or anything else you
> can query.

Or LOGMSG ;-)  We've abused that in the past to distinguish between
release test and implementation.
But be careful who checks that and how. We had a key application that
worked well during tests and failed when we were live. They requested
a backout until we found their code had an error in the "else" after
the test.

And that's one of the big risks of special code paths dealing with
DR-testing. You really want those changes minimal so that they can be
overlooked easy enough and tested in isolation. Once you run under a
different node name etc, anyone (like TCPIP for example) will notice
the difference and the value of your test may get less.

Rob