>>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Austin, Alyce
(CIV)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have a one year contract with Novell until May 2009.
> They gave us a unique activation code.  They told me to download
> the CD1-CD2 disks from their site.
>
> Can I use the "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Starter
> System for System z" to install it?

If you install the starter system, you don't need any other form of
installation media to create your new Linux guests.

Novell isn't going to do away with the normal installation method.  For one
thing, not all of our customers have z/VM.  For those that do, not all of them
need the starter system.  So, the stereotypical method of installing will
likely always be available:
- Download the DVD (or multiple CDs)
- Find a system somewhere to host the files on the DVD
- Get network access from the mainframe to the system hosting the files
- Install your first Linux system from the system hosting the files.

For those that don't already have an installation server set up, have z/VM
available, and want to short-cut the process, there's the starter system.

Mark Post