Dunno,  I'm not an IP (or networking) Wizard, either.
Not sure what else might be able to be gathered, but at least TCPIP knows
what port was being attacked.  Great minds will think of more.
Perhaps information for that IP address obtained from NETSTAT CONN?
Wizards will think of more.

Anything else it could provide could be useful in tracking down the
offending attacker, and preparing them for a public hanging.  ;-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Hughes, Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
07/31/2008 09:31 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DOS attack details in

I used the IP address to track down the offending MAC system.

What other information would be available?  Just curious.

Jim Hughes
603-271-5586
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible." (Walt Disney)