You did notice the word "intranet", not "internet", in my post, did you
not? VM is definitely behind a firewall that makes us invisible to the
outside world. Furthermore, the network that we are on is isolated from
our production network. It may well be that there is some zeal in
interpreting the rules established for the public networks. In our case,
zeal is good. I would rather they overdo security than underdo it.

Regards,
Richard Schuh