We had a DOS attack a couple of years ago and duly reported it to our
Info Sec group. We got no response. When it happened again one month
later, we tracked it down to a server owned by Info. Sec. We blocked its
IP address and have had no problem since. It seems that those folks have
an automated monthly probe of every IP address on our intranet.

Regards,
Richard Schuh