As now, we can mix and match 390 engines with IFLs (and other engine types) in
the same LPAR, it might be good to reduce the number of LPARs back to 1.  You
gain the memory used by the other copies of VM, and you only need to add memory
to the LPAR when you buy more memory.

I do know there are reasons for having multiple LPARs, but now with mixing
engine types, there is 1 less reason.
Everything under vswitch, and no hipersockets.  Is that a performance benefit?

Now...how about basic mode again? <G>

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Mary Anne Matyaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/5/2008 12:25 PM >>>
Uh, I've never seen Linux use LESS memory. It always wants more. :) I'm
happy
with the ability to add memory.
MA