On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:52:52 -0400, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wrote:

>On Monday, 07/28/2008 at 03:55 EDT, "McKown, John"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hum, perhaps we need a code phrase to distinguish VM "virtual  memory"
,
>which
>> is guest "real memory" from guest "virtual  memory"?
>
>These terms already exist.
>
>     Guest virtual
>    Guest real
>   Guest absolute
>  Host virtual
> Host real
>Host absolute
>

>In z/VM, guest memory (all 3 types) resides in host virtual.  In most
>cases it is not really necessary to distinguish between absolute and rea
l.
> What everyone thinks of when they say "real" is actually "absolute".

I'm virtually certain that you really believe in the absolute truth of

that, and as you might have guessed, so do I.  If memory serves me, I
havn't had a Hostess cupcake in a long time - I was last at the store age
ago.

Brian Nielsen (who couldn't resist the urge. sorry.)