On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:17:15 -0500, Bill Holder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrot
e:

)
>When that support becomes generally available is up to the open source
>community and the commercial distributors of Linux.
>
>There is no support for dynamically adding real memory to z/VM itself or

>dynamically increasing the "guest real" memory (that is, "DEF STOR"
>memory) for guest of z/VM in any announced release of z/VM.
>
>- Bill Holder
>  z/VM Development, IBM

As of this morning's announcement of z/VM 5.4.0,
z/VM support for dynamic addition of storage to
z/VM itself, as well as dynamic addition and removal
of storage to/from z/VM guests (if supported by the
guest operating system) is now announced.

- Bill Holder
  z/VM Development, IBM